Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Merlin ready... and now I wait.

G'day,

So last night I had a mail waiting for me (amongst many others) informing me to check out the contract section and look for free tackle Merlins! w00t!

I followed the e-mails instructions as I had never even opened that section before. Turns out I can't accept any of the contracts. I asked a few questions in corp chat but didn't get any solutions so I had to turn to my trusty RO, Luz, for advice. I think I've officially adopted him as my mentor. Simply because he knows more than me and seems to be the only one truly helping me out. Sure, the others are helpful in corp chat... if you can get through some of the crap.

Luz got onto it straight away. Told him what I needed and he set off to get all the gear from the hanger. Took him all of 10 minutes. So now, I have a Merlin in my hanger awaiting It's first orders. That's where the first problem lies..

Unlike other MMO's, you can't just go out and grab a PUG (pick-up group) and smash some baddies. There doesn't appear to be a LFG channel anywhere. When you are in E-Uni, there are protocols to be followed when at WAR. Basically, I have to wait until a Fleet is formed. Then, I have to tell the fleet commander what roll I wish to fill. If he wants me, he takes me, If not, then I stay docked.

This is where your patience come into play. I'm so used to getting into the action quickly that it's paining me to have to sit around and wait for a "green light". I have the option of leaving E-Uni for the period of the war and then being let back in but to me, It's more of a hassle than anything else.

So I've created an alt. Not sure what I'm going to do with said alt but I'm sure I'll find something.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment